- People who come from various countries need a valid tourist Visa if you are coming as a tourist. If you want to come and work then you need work visa.
- If you want to come and study and take part in education programs you must have “Student Visa”
- Presently Government of India is giving Visa on arrival to 9 countries citizen which are Japan, Singapore, Finland, Luxembourg ,New Zealand, Laos, Vietnam, Philippines and Cambodia.
- It will allow travellers single entry facility with a validity of 30 days. Initially, it will be introduced at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata airports.
- A fee of $60 will be charged for each passenger. The VOA facility will be allowed for a maximum of twice in a calendar year to a foreigner with a minimum gap of two months. The facility is non-extendable and non-convertible.
- For more information, please visit the Indian Consulate in your country.
- For the people who are coming to visit us or want to take part in our course/programs we can also issue admission letter or sponsorship letter once they booked their program with us, when request.
- Rishikesh is the destination of all seasons and all reasons. December – January is cold here (3/ 4 degree in night) while days are sunny and sometimes with showers and FOG. February – April is spring and September – November is autumn so very nice weather here. It is time when more international people like to travel. May – June is Hot (day time 40 + degree). July – August is rainy season here.
- May – October is very busy here due to Indian Tourist for their pilgrimage journey starting from Rishikesh. There are 15 days in August when it became over crowded due to Shiva’s festival. Highway from Delhi to Rishikesh is also closed during that time for four wheelers.
For travel to Rishikesh you have following options
- You can go to Maharana Pratap ISBT (Inter State Bus Terminus) - 2 hours in Bus (there is direct bus from Airport to ISBT also) on platform number 33 and from there you can take bus directly to Rishikesh. It takes about 7 - 8 hours - 250 kms. Now a days Metro train is also started from there so it takes only 18 minutes. You can take that to ISBT and then take Government bus. Private bus is not advised.
- There is no direct train from Delhi to Rishikesh. You can go to railway station and there are various trains to Haridwar (25 kms from Rishikesh) . One is in the morning around 6.50 AM and one is in afternoon at 3.25 PM. They take 4.5 hours to Haridwar. Some time there are other special trains also runs on specific days. Please check http://www.indianrail.gov.in/ for exact details of trains. Please note that you cannot make reservations in Indian trains from outside India.
You can easily take any bus from Haridwar Bus station which is just opposite to Railway station. If you want we can also send taxi to pick you up from Haridwar Railway station on request. BUT you MUST have reservations in advance for the trains.
- You can choose to come by Flight (1 hour Flight). Now you get the flight from the same (where your national/international flight lands) T – 3 terminal. Indian airlines, Kingfisher and Jet airways are giving the services to Rishikesh.
We have airport 17 kms from Rishikesh. There are two flights available from Delhi airport morning and afternoon.
- There is most comfortable option available to you as well. It is direct taxi from Delhi International Airport to Rishikesh (at our place). This service may be available at any time of the day and night as and when you arrive at Airport so you don’t need to wait and transfer yourself from airport to railway station and bus stand. For taxi, it may be available to you at any time of your flight arrival but for flight/train and bus you may need to wait and go there as per their timing. We send taxi from Rishikesh to pick up our guests. Please note that taxi at airport charges much higher than us as they are not from our state and when they come they need to pay the taxes here.
Please ask for this service when you finalize your program with us. We take 100 % advances for this service.